The following is a brief update from the Boulder Nordic Club.
- Thanks to the BNC’s community, the BNC is delivering $3695 from the community plus $1000 from the BNC’s treasury to Kelsey Phinney’s home club, https://smseliteteam.wordpress.com/, which is the preferred fund for Kelsey’s participation with the U.S. Ski Team on the first period of the World Cup. The board of the BNC also agreed to absorb the small cost of associated transaction fees.
- The BNC’s board considered funding for Kelsey a success on multiple levels. The community gave generously to Boulder’s first female skier to reach the World Cup. The fund, named for Anne Gini, honored an important member of the Boulder cross-country community. The $1000 in matching funds from the BNC’s treasury were surpassed handily but that also allowed the BNC to remain prudent in protecting its core services like grooming. Good luck to Kelsey!
- The election of officers was deferred to January due to a conflict which left current board president Joel Kimmel unable to attend the December meeting.
- This season’s Community Ski events at Eldora are in limbo due to a key board member’s circumstances (kids, work, life…they all snuck up on the person who’s led this effort).
- Remember this event tomorrow, https://bouldernordic.org/bnc-boulder-nordic-sport-snow-mountain-ranch-demo-day/ and thanks to partners Snow Mountain Ranch, Grand Nordic, and Boulder Nordic Sport.
- Cross your fingers for snow and volunteer availability, the BNC has a permit to perform a demonstration groom of approved corridors in the West Magnolia area this season.
- The board took up the subject of BNC clothing like race suits and jackets. The lessons of history are that if the BNC starts now, it may have some items for next season.
Thanks for supporting the BNC.